Staff members on Narfell agree to a code of conduct when they join. The rules listed below apply to DMs, Devs and Player Guides alike.
- PC’ing as a Staff Member
- Regardless of server role, while playing as a PC, staff are subject to PC rules
- No possessing your own loot, looting objects you placed IG, or using ATS resources you place IG
- DMs and developers are not to incorporate changes to the module or impose mechanical or RP benefits that directly affect their PCs and are not available to the general player base through regular rules (e.g. player housing)
- Staff members are to avoid conflict of interests with their own PCs (e.g. proposing ideas and voting in a way that puts their personal interests above that of the player base)
- Event finale loot & XP is distributed evenly amongst participating PCs
- Making or providing loot as a DM to a PC is subject to twinking, with some exceptions for OOC contest rewards (ex: maps, art, etc)
- Changes meant to be persisted are communicated to developers via the dev discord channel to avoid loss from server resets
- Avoid giving out plot items with mechanical benefits (ex: spells per day, attribute bonuses), uses should be listed in the item description
- Personal Issues
- Personal issues with other players or staff should never have IG consequences
- Personal issues between players and staff members should involve an unbiased staff member to resolve
- Staff are subject to disciplinary action based on harassment of players, breaking forum use guidelines, and other offenses (please note that in order to do their jobs, staff members see a huge amount of 'behind the curtain' information when it comes to Narfell. Some forms of metagaming such as excluding themselves from events are unavoidable and acceptable. However, using this knowledge to gain an unfair IC advantage for their player characters is not.)
- Periods of absence exceeding 6 months require a re-app to staff. Absence is defined by when a staff member is not partaking in ANY team decisions IG, Forums or Discord.
If you observe an issue, please report it to a player guide. For an active list of player guides, please see the PG group on the forums or the PG role on discord.